Leather-ish Cosplay Armor

If you remember a few months ago, I had experimented with a few different types of glue to find out which worked best with my foam and fabric to make leather-looking armor for Jubilee’s Eowyn cosplay.  The best glue for the job ended up being super toxic, so I’ve been waiting the last few months for it to be warm and sunny enough to use it outside, for ventilation and not getting sick purposes.  I’m using 3M 78 Polystyrene Foam Spray Adhesive, it works great because it doesn’t dissolve the foam I’m using, and it’s not so wet that it soaks through and darkens the fabric (which is the problem with most of the glues I tried), as long as I don’t put it directly on the fabric (a mistake I did, in fact, make).

Okay, so first I made a paper pattern for the armor.

img_9061.jpg

Then I cut it out in foam.

img_9062.jpg

Then I covered the foam in fabric!  I’m gonna act like it was super easy and I didn’t screw it up once or twice.  Ehem.

img_9069.jpg

Not gonna lie, this I’m super duper excited about this.

19881e45e8577a012d2e16c700842847

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s